possible service manual typo

Hey folks,

Wondering about something in the service manual for my Toshiba CF2638 TV. I'm currently replacing most of the power supply caps to try to fix a power-on problem. For one of them the service manual lists it as a

3300pf 35V. The cap actually on the board is 3300uf 35V. The TV worked beautifully for more than 15 years, so should I just replace it with another 3300uf? Don't have the manual or tv in front of me so I can't remember which exact cap it is. Its in the 880-890 range.

Much thanks, Nathan

Reply to
natetheking

Nathan: The cap in question is most definitely 3300uf @ 35V.... not 3300pf. Test it and if it is bad, certainly replace it.... or if in doubt about your test, just replace it and be done with it..

-- Best Regards, Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair

sofie

Thanks for that.

Nathan

Reply to