Recommendations for finding Insignia TV Service Manual or Schematic? Also OEM?

Received a Insignia NS-24E40SNA14 24" Class LED HDTV LCD HD TV because the power supply got lost in moving.

Googled to check if could find either the Insignia TV Service Manual or just the Schematic but to date have found neither. Did find a photo for the video board but the resolution was too low to be of help.

Have also read the comments for this TV and wonder if the original power supply is adequate?

Am interested in any recommendations how to find either Service Manual or Schematic.

Am also thinking if could find OEM maybe the same TV is or was available under a different name.

Reply to
kermitjohnson

Not sure where you are, but the following listing is for an entire set for short money($25.95 to start). Maybe this is an option?

Dan

abrsvc

-------------------------------

** Only rarely would makers of cheap TV sets like that produce a service manual - cos they are not economically worth servicing. Some in houses notes maybe but nothing made for sale.

Generally speaking SMD circuit boards used in consumer electronics are considered to be non serviceable.

Same applies for many other items too, in professional audio and test equipment for example.

A few keen folk make heroic efforts to reverse engineer SMD boards and effect repairs - just to spite the manufacturers.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

But, if the power supply is missing, all you really need is a 12V power brick with enough current output? I'd start with any available power supply of 12V, and an ammeter, and the right size of DC plug, then (after finding out what the current draw is) scrounge for a suitable unit.

It's likely in the 3A range, probably pretty similar to lots of external hard drive power bricks.

Reply to
whit3rd

the power supply got lost in moving.

or Schematic.

rick with enough

n ammeter, and the right

ge

hard drive power

There's no guarantee that 12V is what the TV uses for voltage. For outboar d bricks that I've seen, most of them have been 19V and above as it's easie r to buck a higher voltage input into usable LED drive voltages. Still, on a TV with this small of a screen, 12V is certainly possible.

I'm surprised the back of the TV doesn't have the input voltage and polarit y molded into the plastic where the port is.

I just looked at ebay, and there are a lot of universal chargers that purpo rtedly fit the OP's model, but interestingly, every picture has the output voltage intentionally blurred out of the pic.

Reply to
John-Del

It's a 12V input, polarity not shown.

The specs in the manual claim that the operating power is 30W.

Reply to
pbzcbfzragvf