Pop scratch filter...

If you get a pro version of Nero, it has an electronic version of the filters.

Look for the Nero Wave Editor : See Declicker & Noise Reduction. There are other enhancement tools too.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Hi,

I am trying to convert a very large pile of 12 inch vinyl LP records to MP3 but they are very scratched from years of use.

Does anyone know where I can get a schematic to build a pop/scratch filter that will filter this out, or where I could buy/order one for less than (US)$30.00?

I used to have a schematic for one that was in an electronic magazine from the mid/late 1980's but the parts are no longer available.

Thanks,

-Landon

Reply to
lj_robins

Cool edit pro will also do this.

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

groove mechanic. It is not a filter

GPG

Google for audacity,first hit is it. General purpose audio lab. It has click detection and removal. And an awful lot of other things. And it is free

Satisfied User.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Thanks for the replies...

I tried Groove Mechanic, it is small and simple and seemed to do an ok job and removing the pops and clicks from a 44 year old record, I can still hear little tiny clicks in the background even with the setting set as high as it will go. But I am a musician (among other things) I don't know if a non-musician would hear them or not.

But that is not my reasoning for not using it, it is Shareware and was not advertised as such when I downloaded it, it has a 15 day trial period and has to be registered from Canada for $40.

I am going to try Audacity and see how it does.

Thanks again,

-Landon

Reply to
lj_robins