polarity of power cord - gateway fpd1520

I was able to disassemble the front and back panels.

Is the inverter the part that has the power button and various setting buttons? I was able to disconnect this part.

I didn't see the lcd tubes. The lcdparts.net site didn't have this model of gateway listed and the instructions for getting to the tubes for the gateway models they had didn't match.

Reply to
zirath

The inverter board is usually long and thin, and has a multipin plug going to somewhere around its middle, and thickish high voltage wires coming out of each end to go to the backlight tube connections at either side of the screen. I seem to recall that there are pictures of inverter boards on at least one of those sites. they all look pretty much alike generally, if not in detail. Each backlight tube will have two of these high voltage wires at either end, that will go back to connectors located at the inverter board ends.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily