playstation 2 power eject ribbon

Hello all.. in an attempt to fix my ps2 DRE the end of the power eject ribbon that connects to the motherboard (not the buttons) unattached. I have NO idea where it is supposed to go! I've searched everywhere, and googled a million keywords and couldn't find where. I have an oldschool big model ps2 (it is a version 4). Hopefully someone on here can help me out!

Reply to
Mwahahahahaaahaa

Read down to instruction 7

The picture below shows the ribbon coming in from the right and side near the top. I hope this helps.

Reply to
Swiss Tony

That looks promising.. I'll give it a shot tonight. Thanks for the link!

Reply to
Mwahahahahaaahaa

I just did one tonight . While I was working on cd tray i happened to pull the ribbon out. Remove 4 large screws around cd mechanism,2 small screws on slide mech,2 large brass screws front left. Now you can lift cd mech up .Ribbon connects right side about 3 inches from the front.

heres a good site for more info

_2

Reply to
David B.