Plasma service manuals, no PS or syscon schematics?

Hi folks, How come plasma service manuals come without a power supply and syscon schematic ? I paid 25 US$ and i'm told manufacturers never publish PS schematics in the service manual. Incidentally the TV i'm trying to fix is a Hitachi 42PD7800TA Plasma display panel. The ps is made by Murata MPF7415. The Murata website offers no info on the ps either. I guess thats understandable ...OEM. Symptom: Set clicks on (relay sound) some supplies are available, 30 volts measured at 35, Vs and Va are both very low ( 5 volts instead of

63) and then the set clicks off (protect?) The power control pin of the ps seems to recognise 0.05 volts as an on signal. If i disconnect that then the set wont turn on at all. The set trips within 2 seconds from power on. Any clues? The manual i've got is 16 Mb. Does anyone here have the full manual? How big is it? Even the syscon section is missing from the manual. Jango
Reply to
jango2

The manufacturers don't want you to repair the boards. They want you to buy a replacement board at a ridiculous price or replace the whole TV. The service manual should be enough to help you determine which board is defective and then it's up to you to find a replacement, and hope that the plasma panel is not loading down the PS and blow it again.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

...Also, if you know which board is defective you can often find and replace the defective components - if they are available. I've seen custom hybrid power modules that are not available to anyone but the board manfacturer in some sets.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

As a last resort you can try to email the manufacturer of the ps unit and ask them for the schematics, some out there will willingly supply the information, I have done that with a bestec supply a few years ago, first of all they sent it in taiwanese but after another email asking for it in english they sent that 1 to me too. Good luck.

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.0 Final
 * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
 * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
Anonymous

Damn X and Y sus schematics are missing too. I got 4 shorted IGBTs so far GT30G131. I refuse to let this deter me. I'm a chip level repair technician and i will NOT be made redundant. screw you Hitachi.

Reply to
jango2

I forgot to state the shorted IGBTs are on the Ysus board, PS seems ok when i disconnect vs and va from load (xsus ,ysus)

Reply to
jango2