Picture on my monitor too dark.LOPT Screen adjustment not present?

Recently my monitor picture became dark. I have the setting on the monitor on the highest, brightness and contrast setting level.

2 Focuses adjustments on the LOPT are present and were glued and they can be moved up and down.

But Screen knob on the LOPT is moulded into the casing and is unmovable.

I was wondering if there is another way to increase the brightness to the tube other then the screen adjustment.

Monitor Model No.IPEX v798

thank you for your help.

Reply to
mike

probably filament voltage,,,odd as it sounds,you can take a foot or so of wire ,go around the fbt one maybe two times and connect to ffilament, remove old connection first

Reply to
joesmith

The screen adjustment usually has one or more fixed resistors, in addition to the adjustment. One of those is likely to be bad (they're usually in the 220k ohm range, located near the CRT socket). Take the usual precautions, and compare the measured resistance with the color code.

One of the 'focus' adjustments is likely to change the screen (but they're mislabeled - no surprise there, the 'screen' label was also wrong).

Reply to
whit3rd