Philips 25PT800A/19 Picture problem

Hello everybody,

I own a quite old Philips 25PT800A/19 (FL 1.17AA Chassis, Tuner FQ916MF/LIF). It has been a wonderful TV for many years (I would say... at least ten !), but nowadays, I've got a problem:

The picture has a vertical deformation. On the left and the right part of the picture, it's curved with black space. Some kind of deflection if I'm right. It makes some kind of curve to the picture. I hope the description is good enough. If not, I'll try to add a picture. Any ideas how to fix this ?

By the way, is there a way to get a power button a spare part somewhere ?

Thank you very much,

- Romain Farkas

Reply to
Romain Farkas

Romain Farkas wrote on 25/04/2004 in nl.hobby.elektronica

Hello, Romain,

This is usually caused by a bad soldering of driver bridge coil(east/west circuit) 5521, on the large signal panel. The one with the hot on it. Remove that print and look carefully for bad solders around "every" transformer, especially the small ones.

Another cause, only with "cold" sets; replace c2611 by a 1µF code is

4822 121 51319 (here in Belgium)

Be very carefull by removing that print, especially for residual high voltage. On the other hand, take note that ypu will have to unplug a lot of wires and that they must be refitted "correctly" ;-)

Succes and best greetings

--
Alain Beguin:  http://home.tiscali.be/a.beguin
MesNews: http://www.zoo-logique.org/mesnews/index-gb.phpnews://news.zoo-logique.org/MesNews.International