Philips DPTV330F Strange Problems

I recently acquired this set, hoping fix it up for resale. Initially, when power was pressed it just kept cycling on and off and would not start up. I tried disconnecting a wiring harness which supplies power to the convergence IC's, and the set now powered - but only to a bright red screen, and it shut down after about 5 seconds perhaps because it sensed an error. At this point I presumed that one of the convergence IC's may be shorted, and ordered some new ones. After installing them, the set powers up but only for about 10-15 seconds, then shuts down. An image is present but the convergence is badly distorted, and the controls (CH, VOL +/-) are unresponsive. Nothing appears to be overheating but obviously the set is sensing some kind of fault. What would be the next thing to look for at this point? Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
Chris F.

when

nce

hut

int

ome

15

rs > to be overheating but obviously the set is sensing some kind of fault. What > would be the next thing to look for at this point? > =A0 Thanks for any advice.

The bad electrolytic capacitors.

G=B2

Reply to
stratus46