PC speaker hum

"Eeyore"

sci.electronics.repair and sci.electronics.basics come to mind.

Please do crosspost and don't multipost btw.

Sod it, I'll do it myself.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Most common cause is the audio ground connection coming adrift in the connecting lead/plugs/sockets, in the lead from pc to speakers. A multimeter will check this lead. Much less common is a bad suppply electrolytic.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I believe he is speaking abou the internal pc speaker not the sound card and external speakers.

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

What, that little buzzer that does the "beep" when you start up? Sure, throw it away.

Reply to
Laurence Payne