Panasonic TX-28A2 --- Green Hue

Hi,

I have an ageing Panasonic TX-28A2 which has served me well since birth in about 1992. Just recently it has developed an excessive display of green across all channels. The only variation is that it is worse (or stronger) when viewing via the Sky Digibox. When viewing terrestrial channels directly, the problem is not quite so noticeable.

I once had a similar problem with a Mitsubishi TV and discovered that I could adjust the green colour gun from within the rear of the set by removing the back and looking for the fairly obvious adjusters.

I just wanted to ask if this is also possible with a Panasonic?

TIA, Mike.

Reply to
Mike

The new sets are using internal software control. The biases and drives are basically automatic. This is a sign that the CRT is failing.

If you can buy or find a copy of the service manual, there should be the information of how to enter the service mode, if applicable. This would allow you to tweak the bias settings. But, when there is a fault, using adjustments is not the proper way to fix things.

--

JANA _____

I have an ageing Panasonic TX-28A2 which has served me well since birth in about 1992. Just recently it has developed an excessive display of green across all channels. The only variation is that it is worse (or stronger) when viewing via the Sky Digibox. When viewing terrestrial channels directly, the problem is not quite so noticeable.

I once had a similar problem with a Mitsubishi TV and discovered that I could adjust the green colour gun from within the rear of the set by removing the back and looking for the fairly obvious adjusters.

I just wanted to ask if this is also possible with a Panasonic?

TIA, Mike.

Reply to
JANA

So are you saying that my FOURTEEN year old set is "new" ?

lol.

Reply to
Mike

Many of the sets in the early 90's are using the newer technology where most of the set-ups are software controlled. These were sometimes referred to as the new generation sets. I realize that technically speaking, it is an old set.

--

JANA _____

So are you saying that my FOURTEEN year old set is "new" ?

lol.

Reply to
JANA

So how does one typically access the "servoce mode" on these sets, is it via the remote using a certain sequence?

I have found a wiring diagram here,

and I have the original 'user' manual, but can find no info WRT any software controlled service mode. However, the set was a brand new latest model at the time I bought it.

--
Mike

Ps. Would you mind perhaps looking at rfc1855, here's the
relevant links...

  http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html#3

If you want to argue about top posting please read the following
url(s) first:

  http://www.mit.edu:8008/bloom-picayune.mit.edu/perl/13093
  http://www.i-hate-computers.demon.co.uk/quote.html

Further reading:

  "The Usenet Newbie Project"
  http://tgos.org/newbie/index2.html

  "Netiquette Guidelines RFC1855"
  http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html
Reply to
Mike

Ok, I have found that it is done via a key sequence on the remote, but cannot find the correct one for this set.

Panasonic TX-28A2

Does anyone know if there is one and if so what the sequence is for this set please?

TIA, Mike.

Reply to
Mike
92 is right on the edge of when Panasonic started using a service mode. They require that the tv be opened up and two jumpers be shorted before service mode access is available. You will need to find the service manual for your specific set in order to find out how to enter it for sure.

We no longer have any information on an old obsolete model like that one. About 10 years is as long as we keep service manuals around for the low volume brands as there simply is not enough room and very few if any of those tv sets come in for repair. I think we did maybe 3 that were over 5 years old and not 32" or larger last year.

Reply to
dkuhajda

remedy Check C649 (120pf),its connected between pin 3 (R-Y input) of the transientimprovment chip IC302 and chassis.

snipped-for-privacy@locl.net wrote:

Reply to
Kev