Panasonic Razor Impossible to Fix?

Hello Group,

I previously posted a question about opening an ES8092 so as to replace the batteries. The only reply I got stated that this is not possible without breaking the sideburns trimmer. My question this time is this: are all the new Panasonic razors designed the same way? If so I think "do it yourselfer's" would be well advised to stay away from Panasonic razors. They cannot be opened for service let alone battery replacement. I hope I'm wrong on this, as I really do like the Panasonics' performance as a razor, otherwise its' Norelco here I come. Thanks.

Nanu

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello Group,

This may be a dumb question, but I'm having trouble getting a Panasonic ES-8092 Linear Shaver opened up so as to replace the NiMH cells. I recall getting a brochure with the razor explaining how to remove the batteries prior to disposing the razor in the trash, but I cannot locate that document. I removed the screw behind the sideburns trimmer and the screws behind the 2 rubber plugs on the bottom, but no joy. The thing still refuses to come apart. I tried emailing Panasonic, but got a nonsense answer. If you have any experience in this please help! Please reply to the Group or email directly to: vigar39 at yahoo dot com. The user email associated with this message is an alias for anti spam purposes. Thanks again.

Reply to
nanu

You can download the user manual here:

It details how to get to the battery .... you do not have to break or replace the sideburn trimmer, but it does get removed to reach a screw ... a couple of screws are hidden under covers .. use a pointy needle to uncover them

H> Hello Group,

bruce.bubello

Bruce,

Thanks very much, this is just what I needed. Regards.

Nanu

Reply to
nanu