Panasonic Euro 4 Cogging - Please help

Hi

I've got a Panasonic TX24DX1 tv with the Euro 4 chassis. There is slight cogging on the verticals, which I think may be caused by a fault (capacitor?) in the synch circuitry.

Could anyone suggest what parts I should check or replace please?

Many thanks in advance.

Paul

Reply to
pedwards

Speak american english please forf the best possible response. What is cogging?????

Reply to
hrhofmann

snipped-for-privacy@att.net snipped-for-privacy@talk21.com

Speak american english please forf the best possible response. What is cogging?????

** Vertical edges are not smooth, but have steps or cogs in them.

Think of a cog wheel.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Thanks Phil.

Here is a link showing the effect on an old TV, mine is not as bad as this but you get the idea.

On old sets it is often caused by a leaky capacitor in the synch separator, which is not too hard to find.

Paul

Reply to
pedwards