Panasonic Cordless Phone: Turn off speaker on incoming messages?

I've got a hand-me-down Panasonic Model KX-TCM937-B 900 MHz Cordless phone/answering machine combo.

I'm trying to figure out how to turn off the loudspeaker for incoming messages.

I was able to find the manual online at:

On page 29, under "Monitoring incoming calls," the manual tells me: "While a call is being recorded, you can monitor it through the speaker." But It neglects to tell me how to turn off the speaker should I not want to monitor incoming calls. Like when I'm trying to take a nap (!)

Anyone know how to do this?

Will in Seattle a.k.a. "Clueless"

Reply to
Clueless in Seattle

turn down the volume?

Reply to
rb

Yes, turn the volume down to zero.

If you're talking about the ringer, just press and hold the 'Hold/Ringer' button for about 3-4 seconds until it beeps twice. This will turn it off completely.

At least that's how it works with our Panasonic.

Reply to
Buck Fusche

Have you tried turning the volume to minimum? On many of the models, that is the way to turn off the sound.

Jerry G.

--------

Reply to
Jerry G.