Opening a Minimus-7 speaker enclosure

I have a number of Radio Shack Minimus-7 speakers, some of which are apparently defective. How do I get the enclosures open? Is it even possible?

Reply to
mc

Everything is accessible from the front, just as it was with the Braun and a/d/s speakers which "inspired" the Minimus.

Very carefully remove the metal grille using an X-Acto knife or a cutter, first cutting the glue points between the grille and the cabinet, then very gently separate them using the blade as a lever. You can then remove the drivers - not forgetting to take care of the seal, and you're nearly done.

Reply to
François Yves Le Gal

Many thanks! I'll try this on one of the more badly damaged speakers first.

Reply to
mc

IME it's good advice. Minimus-7s were pretty good speakers for the price 20 years ago, but by modern standards they are fragile and have rather high distortion, even in the midrange. If I took one apart today, I'd be prone to do a total replace. Answering the question "with what", could be interesting.

Reply to
Arny Krueger