Norelco shaver brushes

My long-time Rototrak razor needs brushes. 15 years ago, I bought new ones but now shaver repair seems to have gone the way of buggy whips.

I bought a new Norelco but it was a all-plastic toy vs. mine; I returned it.

Any suggestions on where to look for brushes?

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
David Lesher

It would be helpful if you spelled Rotatract correctly and supplied an exact model number. There are allegedly only two size brushes:

Old razors appear on eBay for parts all the time:

This listing is expired, but they appear erratically. I think I have several such razors, but want to keep them because the new ones are junk. I bought mine at a thrift shops or garage sale.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I believe Jeff when he says that there are two types of brushes. However personally I recall only ever seeing one Norelco shaver brush type though in all the shavers I've ever repaired. They were about

1.0cm long and rectangularly shaped perhaps 4.0 X 6.0 mm. I also acquired my shavers similarly, the last one coming from the landfill. It just needed batteries. Do you have the "stubbs" of the old brushes? It would be a pain and certainly magnifier work but perhaps you could start with a couple of larger brushes and file them down to what you need. On the other hand it seems odd that even as old as these were you can't still find them somewhere online. Lenny
klem kedidelhopper