New section on my WEB: Workbench

Hello!

I have started a new section on my WEB. It is called EB5AGV's Workbench. I hope to share with visitors my experiences fixing test and radio gear in an informal and almost real-time (kind of Blog) fashion.

First installment is devoted to the HP-8640B I have just repaired. Address of the index page is:

Hope you enjoy it!

Regards,

JOSE

---------------------------------------------------------------------- 73 EB5AGV / EC5AAU - JOSE V. GAVILA La Canyada - Valencia (SPAIN) - Loc: IM99SM

Vintage Radio:

Vintage Test Equipment:

European Boatanchors List:

JVG

Anyone opening up the same kit is going to see exactly the same , wouldn't it be more useful, for the same time outlay, to measure a few DC voltages, cold resistances , read a few power item labels that may get incinerated etc , ie informative text and leave picks for highly complex bits of mechanics and linkages etc. I look every now and then but does anyone else do running repair brief write ups like my own ?

and 1, 3 and 4 in the 11 year series

N Cook

Well, whilst is true that everybody will see a similar thing, idea is to focus, in this case, in the repair of the rotary contacts. IF there was need to measure anything, I would have done it. And, sometimes, when you take apart these things, it is possible you don't recall exactly where each part was located. So the close-up pictures.

Anyway, in next installments, I will put some more complex repairs.

Yes, I find you write ups useful but also a bit hard to locate the needed info. And we live in an image-focused world so some pictures always help.

But I have no problem and appreciate the criticism, if constructive. I will try to add more info in other installments which require it.

Regards,

JOSE

EB5AGV's Workbench

JVG

Electronics Australia (Radio Electronics) was a magazine that ran for several decades. One of the most popular series in it was ?Serviceman?s Notebook? which described day to day repairs. There was a similar column in the US Radio Electronics IIRC.

So let's give the guy a chance - it's not like we're paying him.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson