Need Weller EC2001 Soldering Station Info

I am attempting repair of my Weller EC2001 Soldering Station. Does anyone have a schematic? The base unit has digital readout, and adjustable temperature.

Just voltage and resistance readings on the 5 pins of station, and on the EC1201A [or EC1201P] iron would be helpful. The 28 V output seems OK, as is the on-board regulator.

Thanks,

Jack_son

--
Jack_son
Reply to

I think I've got a rough wiring diagram at work. I'll try to remember to bring it home.

IIRC, there is a NTC sensor in the tip that is fragile. If that is open, the tip will overheat. I tried to fix ours, but gave up and bought a new one for ~$55. A few years before that I had replaced the temp control circuit in the base. There was nothing there that I could fix, I just had to buy the whole module for ~$80.

If I had this to do all over again I would not have picked up that $5 station.

Get a nice used Weller WTCPx, fix what's broken, and use it for a lifetime. Much cheaper, much nicer, much more reliable. Just take the base apart when you get it and SOLDER the connector pins to their wires.

-

Jim Adney

I pulled out some weller notes i had from work. On the 5 pin connectors, pin 2 & 3 are the sensor and pin 1 and 4 are the heater. the sensor was about 22 ohms cold and the heater 28 ohms. If either set of terminals reads infinite, you got a problem in the head or cable.

Bob

BOB URZ

My Email to you bounced.. I have tried to send you a reverse engineered copy of a weller

2002 schematic. I hope it is similar. Email me if you are interested. argyle1nospam@ nospamhotmail.com (remove nospams) R
Reply to
Mhound