Need Transistor Substitute for Wine Fridge

I am trying to fix a wine fridge. Avanti wine cooler EWC1201. "Thermoelectric Cooling System".

Looks like a transistor is fried. Odd part number of

3DD13005MD

Apparently it is a part from China. I can buy in 10,000 quantity.

Ic 4A Vceo 400V Pc(TO-220) 75W

NPN. It looks like it has a diode across it which I could always add externally.

I cannot find any cross reference for it. Does anyone have a generic substitution suggestion - even if I have to add that diode myself?

I came across:

This one is 65W. Has the diode. 10 Watts less concerns me.

Reply to
The Hammer

Just wondering, could it be a replacement for an MJE13005? I think that's a darlington.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

You could probably liberate one from (at least) 20W CFL, but the Ic rating might not be quite there.

The MJE13007 is rated 8A - if its a half bridge circuit (2 transistors) you should replace them both anyway.

Reply to
Ian Field

Looks like the BUL38D is a close match to your transistor. Mouser has plenty in stock

Cheers, Dave M

Reply to
Dave M

Dave, that looks like a perfect replacement! Thanks.

Larry

Reply to
The Hammer