Need to find a motor

nyc...yes, i have craiglist in my area! but the point is, looking at a broken monitor, without some basic knowledge, or some guide book, how can i even attempt to diagnose and fix. i got lucky with the DVD, was able to trace it to somethign physical, the motor...electronics will be different, was hoping there was some good starter book out there someone could recommend

Reply to
Daniel Kaplan

If there's a worthwhile book on repairing electronics, I've never seen one. Most techs learn from experience.

What's wrong with the monitor?

Reply to
James Sweet

i never said monitor...have a dead VCR.

so you want me to just open it and look? granted that worked with the DVD player, but only cause it was the motor....how would i know WHAT to look for if it's electronic, not physical?

Reply to
Daniel Kaplan

Well what's wrong with the darn thing? I said earlier, if you post a general description of the problem, along with the brand and model of whatever the equipment is, someone can tell you what to look for.

Simply saying "it's broken, how do I fix it" won't get you anywhere, it's not enough information.

Reply to
James Sweet

all i am saying is i want to learn more, the basics....surelty there must be some point of reference i can be pointed towards?

Reply to
Daniel Kaplan

The FAQ for this newsgroup is a good start.

Reply to
James Sweet