Need helping wiring a pedal for a 15-pin gameport

I have never posted in this forum before, but found it on google groups and hope someone here might be able to help me.

I havent used a soldering iron for about 20 years. I need to wire a pedal to a 15-port game port male plug. I am going to have three different wires coming from the physical pedal. One connects to a play button, one connects to a rewind button and one to a fast forward button. These are the instructions that the company gave for wiring this pedal:

~~~~ Standard 3 pedal wiring - "3 Pedal Game Port Control"

The 15 pin D type male plug must be wired as follows: Pins 1, 3 and 6 must be connected to each other. A pedal switch between 2 and 4 is Reverse. A pedal switch between pins 5 and 7 is fast-forward. A pedal switch between pins 10 and 5 is play. ~~~~

I do not understand this. I have seen diagrams, so I know which pins are by the number, but I do not understand what the "pedal swith between..." means? How will I wire that?

I am going to radioshack to get the parts and hoping if I take the instructions that they might show me what I have to do. I need to get this pedal working today, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ed

Reply to
burghbear1965

The pin #'s are usually on the connector...or there are any number of sites which will give the info.

Google is your friend....

jak

Reply to
jakdedert

Reply to
Mike Berger

Thanks Mike. The reason this is so confusing is that there is only one wire coming from each part of the pedal. Should I just split the wire between the two?

Reply to
burghbear1965

Thanks Mike. I think the reason this is so confusing is that I only have one wire coming from each part of the pedal. Should I just split the wire in half between the two pins for each one?

Reply to
burghbear1965

Reply to
Mike Berger

On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 10:01:19 -0600, Mike Berger put finger to keyboard and composed:

Pins 4,5, and 12 are all grounds so you could probably connect the common switch wire to any one of these.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar