Need help with older RCA Tv with solder ground problem

Go Away

You go away Kip.

Reply to
tvguy

x-no-archive:yes

The RF connector is loose. I can wiggle it from the back of the set. So you are sayign solder the connector directly tot he tuner case?

The tv seems to be getting worse. Last night it would go from a great picture to no picture but audio that was fine and back again. (Only on certain channels.) Can a loose rf connector cause this? I am going to work on it tonight. I cant during the week because I have to go into work early in the mornings and at night help take care of my 6 and 1 year old. I dont have to work Saturday so that is why I have had to wait until tonight.

Reply to
stryped

Kip has provided a lot of good advice. As far as Usenet posters go, he is relatively helpful and has, at this point, made more of a positive contribution than you have, even if he can be a little intolerant. Seems like you have that tendency yourself, but have yet to provide much that is useful...

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

I have lots of good tips that can be shared. I also have lots of schematics that can be shared but all I see in here is consumers that don1t even know how to read a schematic and most of them can`t even do what has been mentioned to them in plain english that they can understand. Most of my advise for people like that is to take there things to a repairshop to have there things properly done before they start srewing it up more by doing what half of you guys put in your responces. I have helped out many techs with there problems. I am a member of tech assist and many other techs sites. I do post everyday in them giving advise and such. I have even helped you out a few times Leonard....

Seems

that is

He

Reply to
tvguy

So who are you? What forums are you posting on? Why do you bother here if it bothers you so much?

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet