Need base diagram for 140NB4/CT496 Sony CRT

I need the above base diagram so that I can convert a Sony 5-307W. The set has a 140CB4 CRT in it, which is dead. I have a brand new CT496 CRT, which has a different base (at least the heater pins are 1 and 3, rather than 3 and 4 on the 140CB4).

TIA

Brenda Ann

Reply to
Brenda Ann

I don't know if you've already tried, but I would suspect that some vintage radio/TV sites may have also some CRT pinout info for vacuum tubes. Generally, in Europe, vacuum tubes are referred to as Valves, but that probably doesn't include CRTs.

The Sencore (test equipment manufacturer) website had a CRT pinout lookup tool for use with their CRT testers/rejuvenators. It may still be there.

As maybe a final resort, you could look for a book/chart of CRT pinouts for old testers on eBay.. you would probably want to find a book that was issued a couple of years newer than the years that the CRT was used in TVs.

If the CRT gun is clearly visible thru the neck glass, you could possibly determine the pinout with a close examination.

Good luck with your project.

-- Cheers, WB .............

Reply to
Wild_Bill

I may have to go with trying to do the visual reckoning route. I can't find anywhere with a pinout for this tube, and it seems that Sencore has gone a totally different route since CRT's are fast on their way to oblivion. They do not make much of anything not related to digital video processing, and apparently no longer support even their high-end analog test equipment.

Reply to
Brenda Ann

The CRT is in a vintage (maybe 1963?) portable VHF/UHF TV with radio?

A vintage TV collector-type website may be a possible source, although I noticed that your inquiry is widespread across a number of forums.

I'm familiar with the frustration of a repair turning into a major research project.

Sencore and their equipment have changed dramatically in the last 6-7 years, but so has the entertainment equipment, and service/repair industries. CRTs will still be around for a while, but not in consumer equipment.

Close visual inspection of the CRT's gun elements may be the quickest solution.

-- Cheers, WB .............

Reply to
Wild_Bill

I'm kind of unclear what you need, just the pin out for the original tube in the Sony or both?

I'm pretty sure I have the Sams PF 811 for the Sony buried somewhere, but wouldn't have a clue about the replacement you want to use.

-bruce snipped-for-privacy@ripco.com

Reply to
Bruce Esquibel

Brenda is looking for both pinouts to see if she can use the CRT as a replacement for one she doesn't have. She is an electronics tech that collects & repairs old radios & TVs who spends a lot of time on another newsgroup.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

ch

rs,

Try over at the forums on Videokarma.org. (NOT .com) That's the best vintage TV collecting/restoration forum I've found. You have to sign up, but it's free. If you are a member of the vintage audio forum Audiokarma.org, your membership carried over. - They split the TV forums off to a separate site about a year ago. Mike WB2MEP

Reply to
Mike WB2MEP