nec references to nec

I noticed that since renesas overtook nec some references have changed. I'm searching for the 2SD2403 which can be with GX, GY, or GZ marking on the chip but nowadays I'm mostly finding 2SD2403-AZ, 2SD2403T1-AZ, and 2SD2403T2-AZ. And when downloading the datasheet on renesas website I always get a copy of the nec datasheet with an added disclaimer preface from renesas. But there are no reference to the new ref. code. So if someone knows more about this?

Reply to
jethro tull

Hello,

I don't really know NEC numbering, but could the new suffix's indicate a different package, like surface mount instead of through hole? The GX,GY or GZ rating is a beta range on the transistor. See:

on page 2 of the PDF.

Also, sometimes the suffix can tell how things are shipped or packaged, like on a tape reel for auto insertion, or loose, or in a tube.

Regards, Tim

Reply to
Tim Schwartz

i know GX, GY, GZ indicate the gain range of the device. But I would like to know if the new suffix added by renesas refers to one of these or is a new thing. The ref. code on the device consists only of these two letters followed by two or more letters. The latter I have no indication for what it stands. It could indeed be an information refering to the plant or shipping conditions ...

Reply to
jethro tull