NEC 19" monitoe 97F

The bottom part about 1/8 of the total is out of proportion (compressed down). The rest of the image is OK.

I have checked for cold joints and bad caps, could have missed a bad cap inside a hard to find spot.

Has anyone seen that before on this model ?

Thanks

Reply to
mikercana1

I don't know about this paticular model, but compression at the bottom of the screen is caused by the vertical amplifier running out of headroom, or insufficient current to the vertical deflection windings of the yoke. Either a low supply voltage to the vertical output stage, or a capacitor that has decreased somewhat in value is my first bet. I would start with the capacitor that is in series with the vertical windings on the yoke. Just parallel an approximately equal value capacitor, both in capacitance and working voltage with the output capacitor and see if that helps.

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann

Reply to
hrhofmann

The most common problem in these monitors are caps going high in ESR, or becoming thermo sensitive. It takes experience and the proper tools to locate these, and change them. You will need an ESR and cap testing meter, and a lot of time to start with. If the problem gets more involved, you will need the service manual.

Have you considered to get a new monitor???

--

JANA _____

I have checked for cold joints and bad caps, could have missed a bad cap inside a hard to find spot.

Has anyone seen that before on this model ?

Thanks

Reply to
JANA