radio in my car works fine for 10min and after that dies

Hi All,

A couple weeks ago my radio in my ford fiesta started to behave very strangely.

After around 10-15min of driving, the radio signal became weaker and weaker and at the end I couldn't listen to any station at all. When I stop the car and it has a little bit of break then again I can listen to the radio but after a short period of time is loses ability to catch any signal again.

The interesting thing is that when I try listen to any radio in LW (long waves) mode it doesn't have the same problem. CD player also works fine.

I wonder what it could be. Is there any chance if I restart it somehow it will work fine again or I just need to go to a ford service company?

Please advice.

Many thanks, Richard

Reply to
Richard

For all intents and purposes, car radios are disposable. It will almost certainly cost you more to have it fixed (if it's fixable) than to replace it.

Seriously, it's junk, go get a new one installed.

Reply to
Dave

Or if you were happy with the features and sound quality, you can usually find a used replacement unit for whole lot less at your local salvage yard or by searching E-Bay.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Or, like top-posting Bob notes, junkyards are sometimes good. Don't let 'em rip you off though. Ford radios ain't known for their sonic purity. For many years Ford used the car's frame as the signal return ground from the speakers... not a good idea if you know anything about RFI, but it saved them the cost of 15 feet of 18ga wire, maybe $0.50 if that.

Reply to
Dave

Times a few million vehicles.

Reply to