Monitor starts bluish

I have an Apple 20 Inch monitor, 6 years old. When I start in the morning all the sceen is looking light bluish. But after 2 hours it changes colors to normal. What is the reason? Where to look?

Thanks

Volker Greulich

Reply to
Volker Greulich

This can be caused by some components in the bias and drive circuits to the CRT that have become thermo sensitive. As they warm up over time, they come back to be close enough to spec. I have also seen a CRT cause this before it starts to fail.

An experienced tech, should be able to determine the problem for you, and give you an estimate. You may find that since the LCD screens are becoming so reasonable in cost, this should be the reason to do an upgrade.

--

JANA
_____

"Volker Greulich"  wrote in message
I have an Apple 20 Inch monitor, 6 years old.
When I start in the morning all the sceen is looking light bluish.
But after 2 hours it changes colors to normal.
What is the reason? Where to look?

Thanks

Volker Greulich
Reply to
JANA

These are a great (Sony) monitor! Likely to be just bad solder connections on the CRT board! Well worth fixing, especially, if it has a good overall picture. Rono.

Reply to
Rono

Ah, if it's Sony, then don't pay attention to it. It's a very common problem. I've had a Sony G500 - it used to be greenish till warmed up, now I have Sony G520 (Dell P1130 to be exact) - it starts bluish but recovers quicker. I've seen more G500's and all they had the same problem, less or more severe. You may look here:

pranza