moderator

Nope. This is the wild and wooly Usenet.

Reply to
Rich Webb

Besides, likely the reasons he's asking wouldn't be here if it was moderated.

This isn't FidoNet, where the only control was to tell someone after they posted not to do it again, or if things got really bad, disconnect that node. On Usenet, a moderated newsgroup only lets the messages pass to the newsgroup after they've been moderated.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Do you see 'moderated' in the group name?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I can't think of any examples now, but I'm sure I've come across moderated newsgrops that didn't have "moderated" in the name.

But like I said, he wouldn't be asking if this was a moderated newsgroup, because the junk that likely prompts his question wouldn't be here.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

I ended up repeating myself at the weekend. I posted to a google groups forum that did not have moderated anywhere in its front page info, or title. You get so used to normal usenet of immediately checking , by refreshing, that a posting has gone through.

Reply to
N_Cook