Mitsubishi Diamond Plus 220 monitor - insufficient brightness

Supericially this montior works OK. But when doing colour critical work the colours are wrong, so I start to set it up from scratch

Start with the brightness As far as I am concerned the Right Way to set brightness is to display a blank raster, turn up the brightness until the raster is just visible, then back it off a little.

- but I can never get a visible raster. There are two possible causes Vg2 too low Wrong black level in video amplifiers

But I can't set these withot a service manual 'cos I don't know what the Vg2 is supposed to be

Does anyone have a service manual for this model? Spec for Vg2? Details of where the adjustments for Vg2 and video black level are?

Thanks very much

Reply to
Luke Siemaszko

Is there a sub brightness/screen control on or near the flyback? If so you could bump it up a bit. It's quite possible that the CRT is simply aging.

Reply to
James Sweet

I'm being a coward - I don't have the time to experiment, I am hoping to get the correct service information to make sure I get it right. I'm not keen to just turn something up, because the Vg2 *has* to be right according to the designer's calculations.

Reply to
Luke Siemaszko