Mitsubichi CS-40505 won't respond Help

I have a Mitsubishi 40" set that has always run great and when I went HDTV it went to the playroom where my younger children use it.Never being able to find the remote they routinely use the control panel to control the set. Last week it stopped responding to either the remote or front Panel buttons and it's stuck on tuned to the cartoon channel !.Before I attempt to open this beast up I thought I'd see if someone could suggest what might be the problem or where I mighty get schematics.I have no reservations about fixing it myself and I have a well equipped lab an repaired televisions in a former life. All the buttons on the control panel except the strength and direction do not function and I suspect that the kids probably broke a cable on the panel having opened and closed it so many times Thanks in advanced Desperate sports fan

Reply to
BoborAnn

Bad connections at the control panel. I have seen several of these. Likely a couple of bad caps in the audio amp supply need to be replaced . Look for spots of leakage around them.

Leonard

buttons

fixing

former

panel

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

Thanks for the response Looking at the location is it very difficult to get at the panel I plan on moving the set to get access this weekend and could use any advice on how difficult it to access or tricks you could offer .

Thanks

BOB

Reply to
BoborAnn

IIRC this control panel simply comes out from the front. If it is the one that hinges out there is a hole on one side that has a lever that releases the hinge and the control panel comes out easily. The connector is likely loose on the cable that goes to the main board.

Leonard

get

able

set.

open

do

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

This is the control panel that extends and retracts about 2" when pushed. The only thing I saw to release it was two screws on the bottom which attach the bezel that covers the switches . While I can get that loose I've avoided yanking it out for fear of breaking something. Also I noticed that even the functions that don't have a corresponding Control panel button don't work ( Menu,PIP,etc ) from the remote and verified the remote is fine on another Mitsubishi set Bob

Reply to
BoborAnn