Mitsu VS-60vx3

Hey everyone,

Just found this forums and there seems to be some knowlegable people here so I just wanted a little bit of direction if I may.

I recieved the tv from someone that told me it had a power supply problem. Well they never had it looked at so I took it just to try.

The model is a Vs-60vx3 (60") (was made in 93 hence the reason parts may not be availible I assume). I turn it on and it usually will turn right back off.

When I can get the screen to come on at (very short time), all I can see are the menu items(vol adj, channel, input etc). I plugged a dvd into the an input and it show it very dark to where you can barely see it and blurry. If I use the input buttom and go like input1(dvd) to input2 and back to input1 the screen will flash for a split sec to where I can see the dvd player but then it goes back into the dark state. There are also shadows on all the menu items as well. Thanks everyone if you have any advice if you can help.

I dont really want to take it too a tech until I am sure if it will be worth it as this tv is pretty old. Just looking for a point in the right direction. I am pretty handy with electronics but I have never tried to repair a tv before so if it gets too involved I will end up taking it or trashing it I guess.

I have also taken a look the boards and there does not seem to be any burns...etc that I can see but I have not taken anything completely out yet.

Thank you very much for any info.

Eddie A

Reply to
Eddie Allen

Mitsubishi T.V.'s of that era are KNOWN for lots, & lots of bad capacitors, & bad PIP boards...caps also. Could be

20 - 30 bad caps, some will leak black juice on the board. Sky.

Reply to
Skype_man

Hi Sky, Well I dont't believe this tv has a PIP, as I dont see an option on the remote or any button on the front panel. As far as the caps are they just randomly bad as in some on each of the board or like mostly on the power supply board? Like I said I havent taken any of them out of the base as of yet.

Thanks

Reply to
Eddie Allen

Google Mitsubishi and capacitors, along with maybe the chassis number, which is V12 or V12B and you will find lots of discussion about what you need to do. Be prepared to change several dozen caps on all five major boards and do some rework on the traces and solder.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet