Name for the gue that holds components to pcb

Or adequate made-up formulation For potentially hot ones like the toroidal filters in power supplies , often white. Presumably not ordinary hot-melt glue

N Cook

Just hot melt glue. Tho of course heavy stuff should be mechanically fixed, sometimes it's better than they can break loose rather than smash the circuit board in a heavy fall

Is there anything pertaining to valve Wem Copycats on your site btw?

Ron(UK)

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public Address Systems

I should point out that you can get thermosetting hot melt glue.

Ron(UK)

Reply to
Ron(UK)

Don't they use PVA ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I didn't think PVA would stick to much that isn't porous, Peavey use a white stuff on power resistors that requires quite a high temp to soften it,[1] and there is a hot melt available that requires a far higher temp to resoften it after the first cooling. Some companies use RTV

[1] it,s almost always cracked free of the board or component anyway so softening it isn`t a problem.

The Japanese used to use that brown stuff that looks like Evostick. It usually goes hygroscopic and conductive.

Ron(UK)

Reply to
Ron(UK)

often

I've only repaired later copycats , no knowledge of earlier ones

N Cook

I thought that's how the PVA ends up. They use it by the gallon so it must be cheap ( like PVA but not RTV ).

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Isn't a gue the monster in Infocom games?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson