Mid 90's GE TV Problem

Hi,

I know if you had the model and chasis number this would probably be more useful, but it's difficult to get that right now, but I thought I'd ask if anyone would have any idea on if this could be fixed.

I've got a 1996 36" TV that had the tuner die years ago, but since that time I've switched to satellite and use the A/V inputs exclusively.

But I've noticed that the "Unusable Signal" circuit that kicks on when the signal is...usable apparently, is becoming a lot more sensitive. I was used to it changing when the AV selector would switch sources or if a device was off...but I've noticed it's flicking on when commercials come on...or if things go to a bright scene.

Is this a known problem for any of the units? Is there a way to just bypass that or do I have to live with it.

Reply to
DewDude

You might try to disable the tuner part, and/or the rf-to-video detector. those might be picking up spurious signals.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

why would the RF to Video detector have anything to do with it if the RF tuner is...shot. i mean it just doesn't work, it acts like it's stuck on cable band channel 20 for EVERYTHING.

Reply to
DewDude