MicroTemps

I have had several coffee makers burn out due to the microtemp. Is this because they put under-rated ones in order to sell more coffee makers? I wonder if it would be safe to replace it with one with a little higher temp. rating? Any one have any experience with this problem? Also I am sure you can't solder the new one in, but would a crimping type connector work?

Thanks, Jim = nyman at verizon.net

Reply to
James Nyman

James Nyman: NO, NO, NO..... it is never safe or the right thing to do to replace a thermal cutout with one that is rated higher in temperature or a fuse with one that is rated higher in amps. .....and NO, they do not put in under-rated ones in order to sell more coffee makers. This is a FIRE and SAFETY issue..... and even though you think they put in under-rated thermal cut-outs just read the news occasionally..... coffee makers are frequently being recalled because they catch on fire. Be careful, be smart.

-- Best Regards, Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair

temp.

Reply to
sofie

No, it's because everything is crap now - even the expensive stuff.

temp.

Not the worst thing to do in an emergency but not a 'fix' for the problem. As for solder, if the plate is hot enough to melt solder the coffee tastes like road tar.

NSM

temp.

It's not that the protector is too low, it's that the coffee makers run too hot. Are they thermostatically controlled?

Reply to
James Sweet