MicroTemps

I have had several coffee makers burn out due to the microtemp. Is this because they put under-rated ones in order to sell more coffee makers? I wonder if it would be safe to replace it with one with a little higher temp. rating? Any one have any experience with this problem? Also I am sure you can't solder the new one in, but would a crimping type connector work?

Thanks, Jim = nyman at verizon.net

Reply to
James Nyman

Jim, just get a maker that brews into a vacuum carafe, as the Creator intended, and you not only eliminate the problem and have better coffee, but also cut down power consumption.

No offense, but if you're burning out coffeemakers often, it sounds like you're leaving them on for much longer periods than home coffeemakers are designed for. That's detrimental not just to the coffeemaker, but also to the coffee.

--
St. John
Reply to

Jim, coffee makers are throw-away appliances. Just go out and buy a better, more reliable brand next time.

I've had two Braun (sp?) coffee makers crap out in the last 3-years, and each time my 12-year old "Mr. Coffee" came to my rescue (seriously). No more European crap for me, since my coffee is basic to my life! :-)

Harry C.

Reply to
hhc314