Matsushita tweeter: EAS6PH13S, EAS6PH13SA, or EAS6PH13SC requested

Will pay up to $35 U.S. for a used tweeter in excellent (probably good) condition. Some of my Technics SB-5000 tweeters is blown so I need some replacement. Thanks.

Dmitry

Reply to
dmitrydn

might be quicker to rewind them.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

snipped-for-privacy@care2.com wrote: : On 22 Mar, 09:02, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: :> Will pay up to $35 U.S. for a used tweeter in excellent (probably :> good) condition. Some of my Technics SB-5000 tweeters is blown so I :> need some replacement. :> Thanks. :>

:> Dmitry

: might be quicker to rewind them.

Might be the only solution too.

If that model number is correct and my memory isn't failing me, those have to be close to 40 years old now.

Replacement tweeters for those were hard to get in the early 80's from what I remember, can't believe anyone would have them today. For whatever reason (probably the crossover), those tweeters used to smoke just by looking at them cross-eyed.

Those were pretty decent though, think it was in a series from SB-1000 to SB-9500 or something, although it was an offshoot from Panasonic (which really didn't have a rep for great electronics in the 60's and 70's), those did seem to fair well comparing them to like the Klipch and Cerwin-Vega's of the day.

Wish the guy luck in his search but is probably better off finding someone to rewind them. But pretty sure he's going to need a bigger budget.

-bruce snipped-for-privacy@ripco.com

Reply to
Bruce Esquibel

In that case a zener across them and a series fuse may help. Not ideal protection, but some protection.

NT

Reply to
meow2222