Magnavox, (Funai) DTV converter box model TB100MW9 will not power up.

I really don't expect much with this thing but I thought I'd ask. The box h= as an amber standby light until you try to power it up. Then it flashes gre= en repeatedly for about 25 seconds until it finally returns to amber again.= Does anyone have any experience with these? Thanks, Lenny

Reply to
captainvideo462009

an amber standby light until you try to power it up. Then it flashes green repeatedly for about 25 seconds until it finally returns to amber again. Does anyone have any experience with these? Thanks, Lenny

Do you have the remote? If not, you're wasting your time with that junk. I think that is the standby mode, but I tossed the couple I have into a box to scrap. There is no affordable replacement remote, or universal remote that is supposed to work with it.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The box has an amber standby light until you try to power it up. Then it f= lashes green repeatedly for about 25 seconds until it finally returns to am= ber again. Does anyone have any experience with these? Thanks, Lenny

Yes I do have a remote from another box. That is the only way to talk to th= is thing. Lenny

Reply to
captainvideo462009