Electronics got wet

If a Super Nintendo, the game cartridges, and connector cables got wet (like if it rained on them) would they still be ok to use if they dried out for a few weeks?

The reason I ask is because I went to a yard sale where a lady was getting rid of that stuff and a few other items. She said they were for $3 and since I wanted the other stuff that came with it I went ahead and bought it all. I'm wondering if the SNES and cartridges are still good even though they might've gotten wet. She had no idea if and how long they had been exposed to water.

Do you guys think they would still be ok to use? I'm mostly concerned on whether they would cause damage to my tv. I'd probably hook them up either by coaxial cable or by composite video/audio.

Reply to
Mike S.

No they wont cause damage to your TV. Just make sure they are well dried out. If they were working before, they will probably still work.

Reply to
Supertech

The only thing that would go wrong is that the labels would come off. Otherwise they'll be fine if there's no corrosion etc.

--
.
Reply to

Sure, they'll be fine. Even if you plugged them in while submerged in water they won't damage your TV.

Reply to
James Sweet