Looking for KA78H09 Regulator IC

This appears to be a TO-220 linear regulator similar to generic

78xx/LM340T types except that this version has four pins, one is a 9V output and another is a 5V output. Appears to be a Fuji part, but their website doesn't find any such thing, no hits on Google, PartStore, etc. It's IC5682 in a Curtis Mathes 19" TV, model CM19033S. Anyone know a source for these?
Reply to
Bill S.

Take a closer look at the part number. It sounds like a Fairchild KA78R09x, which has a disable input.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Good call, old man. The middle letter definitely looks like an "H", but I guess the top could have been cut off. I assumed that the pin marked 5V was an output, but on further tracing it actually comes

-from- the CPU. So now all I gotta do is -find- one...

Reply to
Bill S.

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 17:17:45 GMT, Bill S. put finger to keyboard and composed:

Mouser show it as "on order", but the "Estimated Ship Date" is

12/12/2012:

GM78R09 might be an equivalent part. I don't know if it is any easier to find, though.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Hi !

We do have stock of the KA7809 from FAI/FSC.

Can you pleased tell us it is the correct part you are looking for ?

Thanks !

-- Patrick Cheung townt.com Address : 1805, Wu Sang House, 655 Nathan Road, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong Tel : +852-25055838 Fax : +852-25058121 E-mail : snipped-for-privacy@towntarget.com.hk Web-site :

or

"Bill S." ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D: snipped-for-privacy@news-server.woh.rr.com...

Reply to
Patrick - townt.com

AFAICT Mouser's estimated ship dates are generated randomly. I've discovered parts back-ordered for months, gone to efforts to redesign around different parts, and two days later they're back in stock.

Reply to
Walter Harley

Yeah, I saw that, chuckled a bit, bookmarked it for later reference.

A couple of the mass quantity distributors are showing status as "lifetime buy", which usually means the part is being discontined. And the set is only 3 years old (sigh).

I found one place claiming to have stock, but $25.00 minimum and their site not very helpful in figuring out if they have anything else I can use to pad the order. Still looking...

Reply to
Bill S.