Looking for IC

Hi all

This might be a long shot but thought I might as well ask here anyway

I'm trying to obtain small quantities (4 - 6) Infineon BTS7970B or BTN7970B ICs nd not having much luck. I can get them from Mouser or Digikey or Arrow (as samples) but I cant wait until May for them, which was the ETA last time I looked.

I can get some on the asian trade but of course MOQs are a problem, at $10+ a pop I dont want to be stuck with 100 of them.

I have found Rutronik (Germany?) have the item stocked and available in singular quantities for a modest handling fee which I was prepared to pay, except to deal with them it appears I need a VAT number (since when would that be required for an international transaction, I don't see the point of giving them my ABN either)

Anyway, I might be grasping at straws, but if anyone has any laying around (wishful thinking) or has any bright ideas I'd love to hear them.

Thanks in advance

James

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4889 (20100223) __________

James

Mouser have 992 on order due 5th March (726-BTN7970B):

Dave.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
David L. Jones

I was hoping that too, but it appears the date format changes with location, hence the delivery date is the 3rd of May :( If you change from au.mouser to the USA site the ETA is 05/03/10 instead of

03/05/10.

When I first started on this project I didn't think twice about it because mouser had them in stock, now I've committed myself to using the component and have to have a prototype done by mid May. Normally it wouldn't bother me too much ordering Qty to get them ASAP (if I'm not paying for them), but I'm funding development of this project out of my own pocket and there is the wife factor :)

Thanks anyway..

James

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4891 (20100223) __________

James