looking for 50x50x10mm 12v blower fan

I'm looking for a 50x50x10mm blower for an AOpen mini-PC. The existing fan's sleeve bearings performed as expected and expired well before they should have.

I've searched ebay and the web to no avail. Does anyone know of a source of small blowers (less than or equal to) the above dimensions? It has to be 12v and I would prefer it to have the third sense lead as it's temperature controlled.

Thanks in advance!

Max

Reply to
stevensguille

UCLAN

Google "All Electronics" "MCM Electronics" "Electronics Goldmine" "Radio Shack", etc. to find a fan. When you receive your new fan, visit a local pharmacy and obtain a 0.1 cc insulin hypodermic syringe with a 0000 needle. Fill it with light oil ("Sewing Machine Oil"... 3- in-1 Oil...Mobile 5 W 30 Full-Synthetic Motor Oil"). Periodically inject a dolop (drop, bit, little-bit) of it through the adhesive label in the center of the fan's blade assembly. There is no reason why such a fan (either sleeve or ball-bearing) should not outlive your computer, you, the sun, and the milky way galaxy, given sufficient lubrication. In fact, lubricate your present fan and you may find you don't actually need a new one after all. Ever.

Reply to
webpa