Linksys router wall wart?

Hello,

I have a Linksys router model BEFVP41 with now power source.

I need to know the polarity of the power source plug that plugs into it. Is the center of the coaxial connector the positive or negative lead?

I would also be helpful to know the diameter of the plug.

Thanks.

John

John

Are you sure it's a round coaxial-type power source? Most Linksys devices I've seen use a little triangular connector with a positive, negative and ground pin... I can give you the likely pinouts for that if it'll help. I have a BEFSR41 Probably uses the same power supply, they're pretty standard.

Reply to
Kevin S.

There are 2 different modems from Linksys designated BEFVP41. Which one do you have?

Version 1 has 3 indicators on each port, Link/Act, Full/Coll, and 100 for the LAN ports, and Link, Act, and Diag for the WAN port. It uses a 5 VDC supply. Version 2 has a single indicator LED for each LAN Port and WAN Port and uses a 12 VDC supply.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Travis,

It must be BEFVP41 Version 1, since it does have 3 indicators on each of the four ports and also three for the WAN port labeled as decribed in your post.

Regards,

John

John

Most of the Linksys 5VDC adapters are about 2.0 amp output and use 2.1mm or 2.5mm ID plugs.

Good luck!

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Travis,

Do you happen to know the polarity of the plug?

Is the center pin positive or negative?

Regards,

John

John

Sorry, I don't - but my experience is that the center pin is almost always positive.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

I can confirm that the Version 1 WRT54G routers used a 5.0 VDC, 2A, center pin positive power supply. It is likely that this is the same supply originally used on your VPN router.

Good luck!

Reply to
Travis Jordan