Amperage and ohmage in a circuit

Why, for God's sake, do so many people use the word "amperage" when there is a perfectly good word, "current", available? Similarly, "ohmage" for "resistance". I'll expect "faradage" for "capacitance" any day now.

Reply to
mike.j.harvey

Wrong group, try plumbing.electric.toilet.seat.

Having fun

Stanislaw Slack user from Ulladulla.

Reply to
Stanislaw Flatto

Sure, but why do you care? The idea gets across. Not everyone speaks English.

With all the shit going on in the world . . . you pick this to gripe about?

default

And quit saying "voltage."

John

ElectroMotive Force? Potential?

default

I was taught about PD and EMF at school...

Reply to
mike.j.harvey

Potential Difference or PD for short.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Auton

"Age" discrimination?

Reply to
ehsjr

I love using the word Potential in documents. It makes them look so much more 'academic' !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

--
That\'s because you\'re a pretentious ass.
Reply to

You have no sense of humour.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Who does this? I've always used current, resistance and capacitance. Never heard the term 'omage'. Current is measured in amps, resistance is measured in ohms, and capacitance is measured in microfarads or picofarads. So what's the total inductance of 2 .27 henry inductors in series?

--

If a group\'s goal is the complete destruction of free people
then extermination is the only choice and shouldn\'t be delayed.

Claude Hopper
Reply to
Claude

There go the 7805s! ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

--
Funny _you_ should say that when it\'s _you_ that\'s being brought to
task for your idiocy.

You say you love to use the word "Potential"  in documents because
it makes them look so much more "Academic", which says that you want
your "documents" to look academic whether they\'re right or not.

You\'re just another fraud begging for acceptance.
Reply to
John Fields

--
Classically, 4.54 henrys
Reply to

I repeat. You have no sense of humour.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

It depends. Are they close enough to have any magnetic coupling? If so, is it adding or subtracting from the total?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

--
I have a fine sense of humor, it\'s just that _you\'re_ not funny.
Reply to

and "voltage" for "electromotive force", "mileage" for "distance" ...

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

John, why are you wasting your time with this braying jackass? Just delete the crap in his post and change the subject line to "Eeyore is a troll" so you can move on to something worth reading.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida