LG Plasma RZ-42PX11 Green sparkles.

Anyone know what fault causes green sparkles on a LG-42PX11?

is it dead C's anywhere ?

Reply to
f825_633

Where are the sparkles?

Reply to
Meat Plow

All over the screen, random places, more visible on darker picture.

Affects VGA/DVI/AV & RF sources. i.e all.

Reply to
f825_633

Are they in the same spot permanently? Probably dead pixels.

Cheers, Nicholas Sherlock

-----------------

- *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road

-----------------

Reply to
Nicholas Sherlock

Maybe an adjustment (Dispersion, Vs, etc.)

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias

No, Not in the same place at each flash/sparkle - random all over.

Reply to
f825_633

Could your elaborate ? - not too up on these things,

Reply to
f825_633

The first thing I would do is check all the power supply voltages. Make sure they are correct, well regulated, and free of ripple. Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Andy Cuffe

Scope the power supplies. Make sure the vallues are right on the money.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Through HDMI ? May need HDMI extender. Had issues with many brands same sparkles as decribed here.

Reply to
spider280

this model doesn't have HDMI

Reply to
f825_633

I just thought I would post an update to my initial question regarding green sparkles.

Having poked around the voltage inverter board and found many dead C's and replaced them it is substantially better and now only shows the fault for the first 10 minutes or so until the set has warmed up.

I was told to obtain the service manual for this model and adjust Vset_UP and Vset_DN appropriately and the sparkling will not show at all.

Anyone got a service manual/document details to set these voltages correctly?, a quick minor rock on the pots has improved but it would be nice to know exactly what they are meant to be set to.

Reply to
f825_633