LG DVD-HDD LH7800 - no/intermittent video on inputs (E-E)

A neighbour brought me this HDD-DVD model LH7800 with the following symptoms: Playback and OSD OK at all times. Video signal (input) from both the 2 SCART sockets cracks up and screen goes black. There is good audio at all times. And yes, I have tried different leads!

Dismantled it and removed the upper pcb, no obvious bulged caps or damaged smd transistors. I have moved the plugs but it does not seem to be a solder joint problem, and besides it is common to both inputs.

Anyone seen this, or have a schematic? I have checked eserviceinfo to no avail...

-B

sorrry, that model number should read 'RH 7800' not LH 7800!

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 02:40:30 -0700 (PDT), b put finger to keyboard and composed:

Maybe one of these is similar ...

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar