LED on Sharp Carousel microwave

My LED is displaying gibberish, but otherwise the appliance works fine.

Easy and/or cheap to fix? Should I just live with it for the amount of time I'll put into this?

Thanks,

Be

Reply to
BE

It may be some cold solder connections in the drive circuit or to the coupling to the display, or a failed component in the drive circuit, or the display itself is defective. It is impossible to determine without proper troubleshooting.

For these microwave ovens, if the problem is not simple, the service tech will change the complete circuit board or part assembly that is defective, rather than put in many hours of work to locate the problem. As for parts availability, many of the manufactures now only supply complete assemblies, due to the high cost of in depth servicing.

--

JANA
_____

"BE"  wrote in message
My LED is displaying gibberish, but otherwise the appliance works fine.

Easy and/or cheap to fix?  Should I just live with it for the amount of time
I'll put into this?

Thanks,

Be
Reply to
JANA

I think it's pretty likely that the other posters are correct - this would usually get fixed by changing out the entire controller board. But, you might try this: unplug the oven for half an hour, then plug it back in. Again, I'm not sure that it'll help, but it is a simple thing to try.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

Had the same problem a while ago for a in wall mounted unit controller cost $275 New microwave cost $250 Bought a new one delivered from EBay for $75 gave the old one to a local charity to keep it out of a landfill They use it to cook popcorn Bob

Reply to
BoborAnn