LCD Panel Datasheet

I'm looking for a datasheet (or a description of its interface) for a Sharp LQ 13X25, used in a Compaq 1810 Presario laptop.

Either the LCD or the LCD drive daughter board are presenting some weird symptoms.

A few months ago, the LCD would display odd colors if the top was opened to just the wrong point. Wiggle it and everything reverted to normal. Just prior to my getting around to popping the thing open, a second symptom arose. Now the screen displays a split image, with the top 1/3 of the screen displaying about 2/3 of the image and the bottom 2/3 displaying properly. The VGA output is OK, so the common graphics h/w is still good.

I'm guessed there was a loose address line, probably near the loose data line that was causing the odd colors. I re-seated the daughter board and the ribbon cable from there up to the panel (the one that runs through the hinge). That fixed the colors, but not the line address problems.

If I had an idea about the configuration of the address/data lines running through the (21 conductor) ribbon, I might be able to find a loose connection. If its in the daughter board or the logic onboard the LCD, the laptop is scrap, although if the LCD panel is OK, it might be worth something to someone looking for a part.

I had a dog that would chase anyone riding a bicycle.
In the end I had to take his bicycle away.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

My bet would be on the interconnecting ribbon cable. I've seen several of these fail over the years. The ribbon cable just can't handle the constant flexing. The multi-part plastic hinge assembly is also tends to crunch the cable.

I'm not sure if this is the same as the 1810. Compare the part numbers:

It might be cheaper and easier to replace the ribbon cable than to repair it. I may have one buried somewhere.

I couldn't find any data on the LCD display. Might be something here:

However, the LQ13x25 part number looks odd. Check the panel again and see if there's a longer part number that matches the part numbers on the Sharp site.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com