LCD conductive tape

You'd think that they'd hire a native English speaking tech writer before publishing the first edition. 'Face' has already been lost once the Engrish version hits the market and then every time a savvy user refers to it.

--
Paul Hovnanian  paul@hovnanian.com
Have gnu, will travel.

What? And ruin a perfect score on poor documentation?

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Some Japanese companies have very good English manuals -- because they're written by Americans. Plextor is one, Standard Vertex (Yaesu) is another.

I have a Yamaha DSP-3000 dating back 20 years, and the manual appears to have been written by a native-English speaker. I don't know about current Yamaha products.

The second-worst user manuals I've ever seen are for my Olympus and Canon DSLRs. THE worst is for my Pioneer plasma TV. It tells you ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about what the controls actually do, and how one should adjust them. And it's over 100 pages long!

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Ya but, you'd loose the fun in trying to read and figure out the manual. A friend once bought a Japanese manufactured (long ago) camera and the manual talked about pushing the shutter release button and hearing the sound of a "crick". I also had a German built camera flash that talked about "mains operating flashing", whatever that is. It took me a long time to figure out that they meant you could run the flash from an outlet (the mains) if the battery was dead.

Reply to
Art Todesco