Bosch WFL2260 washer not spinning

We have a Bosch WFL2260 washing machine which has recently stopped spinning. I presume the brushes are worn and need replacing?

I have removed the motor from the washing machine and inspected both brushes. There is about 1cm left on each side.

Before I order new brushes, is there a way to verify that the motor is not faulty with it disconnected?

Thank you.

--
M.Joshi
Reply to

M.Joshi Inscribed thus:

Yes ! Stick a car battery across it. It should spin cleanly without excessive arcing at the brushes. You may have to link a pair of pins on the motor connector. The field goes in series with the armature on the non PM motors. Don't damage the tachometer winding or the thermal cut out. The circuit diagram may be attached to the inside of the machine lid.

--
Best Regards:
                Baron.

I measured the coil resistances and compared them to the values measured by Justin Pelling with a similar Bosch washing machine motor on his website:

'Motor diagnosis'

They were within the specified range.

I therefore, purchased replacement brushes and whilst replacing them, also opened the motor and cleaned inside including the commuator contacts.

I reassembled the motor and fitted it back into the washing machine. The drum now spins however, there seems to be quite a noticeable noise when the motor spins. Anti-clockwise seems to be louder and it almost sounds like the motor is jumping a little?

Is this normal?

Thanks.

--
M.Joshi
Reply to

Yes, the brushes lead in in one direction of rotation, and trail in the other. The sound should diminish as the brushes bed in.

Ron(UK)

Reply to
Ron