Laptop won't charge - plugged in too high voltage

Hello,

I was using my external universal battery on my laptop (19v), but then I decided to work on my other laptop which takes 16v and I forgot to switch the external battery to low voltage.

I didn't notice anything until the battery in the laptop starting going dead, not receiving any power from the external one.

I tried plugging the ac adapter in, but now it won't charge.

The laptop is a fujitsu lifebook p2110.

I tried to open the laptop to see if anything looked fried, but it seems like there's a trick to open it.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? could it be just a fuse?

Thanks for your help.

Josh

Reply to
other

It could. Google "Pico fuse" to see what the fuse might look like.

Reply to
mc

Here's a picture of the circuit...The bottom with the yellow tape over it is where the power comes from.

(I have tested this, and the power is coming in.)

I'm not sure what pieces to test or which to look at.

Josh

Reply to
affil

Here's a picture of the circuit...The bottom with the yellow tape over it is where the power comes from.

(I have tested this, and the power is coming in.)

I'm not sure what pieces to test or which to look at.

Josh

Reply to
affil

Are you sure the battery charger you found and used is the correct one for that model of laptop?

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Hi Bob,

I used the AC charger before I plugged in the external battery and it worked fine.

AC charger no longer works either.

Josh

Bob Shuman wrote:

Reply to
affil

On 5 Sep 2006 07:49:13 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@relicgaming.com put finger to keyboard and composed:

There is a 6.3A smt fuse (F4) to the right of the 2-pin connector.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Hmm.. Something doesn't look right at C488.. It is just above and right of the 3rd smallest IC which says japan on it upside down in the pic. It is also just right of the crystal that says 4.00MT on it. Looks as if the capacitor that was there exploded.

There is also a fuse just below that labeled FS on the package and F1 on the board. Check the fuse and check to see if C488 appeared to have something there before.

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

hmm.. Well I don't know I can't tell from the picture for sure, but what you say makes sense. What got me was the discoloration, but that could just be some crud on the solder pads and board.

Reply to
Michael Kennedy